Peter S. Kraus was elected Chairman of the Board of AllianceBernstein Corporation, the General Partner of AB, and Chief Executive Officer of AB in December 2008. He has in-depth experience in the financial markets, including investment banking, asset management and private-wealth management. Kraus served as an executive vice president, the head of global strategy and a member of the Management Committee of Merrill Lynch Company from September through December 2008.
Kraus spent 22 years with the Goldman Sachs Group (“Goldman”), where he most recently served as co-head of the Investment Management Division and a member of the Management Committee, as well as the head of firmwide strategy and the chairman of the Strategy Committee. He also served as co-head of the Financial Institutions Group. Kraus was named a partner at Goldman in 1994 and managing director in 1996.
Kraus holds the following board positions:
- Chairman of the Investment Committee of Trinity College
- Chairman of the Board of Overseers of the California Institute of the Arts
- Co-Chair of the Friends of Carnegie International
- Member of the Board of Directors of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and Chairman of the Lincoln Center Art Committee
- Member of the Board of Camp Keewaydin
- Member of the Board of Young Audiences, a nonprofit organization that works with educational systems, the arts community, and private and public sectors to provide arts education to children
Kraus holds a BA from Trinity College and an MBA from New York University.
The content on this page may include link(s) that will take you out of our website. This is provided for your information and convenience. We are not responsible for the content of any third party's website, including the website(s) you may link to. We are not affiliated with any other website and do not endorse any information contained on any third party's website.