Peter Kraus was elected Chairman of the Board of AllianceBernstein Corporation, the general partner of AB, and CEO of AB in December 2008. Mr. Kraus has in-depth experience in the financial markets, including investment banking, asset management and private wealth management. He served as an executive vice president, the head of global strategy and a member of the Management Committee of Merrill Lynch & Company Inc. (“Merrill Lynch”) from September 2008 through December 2008.
Mr. Kraus spent 22 years with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (“Goldman”), where he most recently served as co-head of the Investment Management Division and a member of the Management Committee, as well as head of firm-wide strategy and chairman of the Strategy Committee. Mr. Kraus also served as co-head of the Financial Institutions Group.
He was named a partner at Goldman in 1994 and managing director in 1996. In April 2010, Mr. Kraus was appointed a member of the Management Committee of AXA, which was formed by Mr. de Castries in April 2010 to assist him with the operational management of AXA. He was named a Director of AXA Financial, Inc. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of AXA, “AXA Financial”), AXA Equitable, MONY Life Insurance Company (a wholly-owned subsidiary of AXA Financial, “MONY”) and MONY Life Insurance Company of America (a wholly-owned subsidiary of MONY, “MLOA”) in February 2009. He is not compensated for serving in these roles for AXA and its subsidiaries.
- Chairman of the Investment Committee of Trinity College
- Chairman of the Board of Overseers of CalArts
- Co-Chair of the Friends of the Carnegie International
- Member of the board of directors of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and the chairman of Lincoln Center’s Art Committee
- Member of the board of Keewaydin Camp
- Member of the board of Young Audiences, Inc., a non-profit organization that works with educational systems the arts community and private and public sectors to provide arts education to children
- Earned an MBA from New York University and a BA from Trinity College
The content on this page may include link(s) that will take you out of our website. This is provided for your information and convenience. We are not responsible for the content of any third party's website, including the website(s) you may link to. We are not affiliated with any other website and do not endorse any information contained on any third party's website.